NABO is an organization of fiscal experts which supports National Assembly Members and fulfills its roles and responsibilities as follows in an objective and impartial manner:
- First, it conducts research and analysis on budget bills, public fund management plans, and settlement of accounts.
- Second, it carries out cost estimates of bills that affect the budget or funds.
- Third, it conducts analysis and produces forecast reports on the operation of national finances and macroeconomic trends.
- Fourth, it conducts analysis and evaluations of major government programs and analysis of medium to long-term fiscal demands.
- Fifth, it carries out studies and analysis in response to requests by standing committees or members of the National Assembly.