Vol. 15 The Economic Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
Focusing on the real economy and financial markets of major economies
March 30, 2020 Vol.15
COVID-19 Worldwide Update
* The World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 a pandemic on March 11 , as the virus started to spread globally after its first outbreak in December 2019.
- The outbreak centered around China until January 2020, but the virus started in full swing worldwide since the beginning of March. And according to WHO data, the number of patients exceeded 400,000 as of March 25
• The cumulative number of confirmed cases in China is 81,848 and the number of case has been growing at a slow pace since the end of February.
• The cumulative number of patients in Europe has increased explosively since the beginning of March, accounting for half of all patients around the world with a total of 220,516, including 69,176 patients in Italy and 39,673 patients in Spain.
• The cumulative number of cases in the U.S. has increased since mid-March and now reaching 51,914.